Friday, April 7, 2023

Around New York and into New England

After a quiet night we got up early and started out at 7am (07:00) to get around the "Big Apple". 

Again we managed to mist the turnout to I-287 N, but after a quick detour through a neighbourhood we made it on to the right track. 

I-287, light  morning traffic
Traffic was light and the wind favourable from the back. It blew us along to Newburgh, NY where we switched onto the I-84.

Spring is coming to NY

Hudson River Bridge along I-84 N

Soon we crossed the Hudson River and moved into Connecticut where we had a short coffee break.

Clock Tower, Waterbury, CT

Known landmarks all along the way

Hartford, CT skyline

I- 90 to I-290, then I- 495 through Massachusetts into New Hampshire until we hit the I-95 North. 

We definitely left the warm temperatures of summer and spring behind in New Jersey. Freezing cold was greeting us.

Traffic was more and more busy. 

Busy interstate through Massachusetts

"Everybody and their Aunt" seemed to be on the highway.


Our original plan was to stay overnight 
somewhere around Portsmouth NH, but the day was still young 
and the wind pushed us on through Massachusetts 
and across the border to Maine. When the wind got too gusty, 
at 4pm (16:00), we pulled the plug in Kennebunk, MA. 

Kennebunk Service Plaza "Moose"

Here, on the Service Plaza we will park for the night.
Parked for the night

After sunset

Tomorrow we will be on the homestretch. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.