Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Desicion Making and Tropical Birds

 Again! 

Another overcast day with lots of drizzle. 

According to the other residents here, everyone is miserabel about the weather. 

People who have camped here for years said that they experienced winters with nice warm weather. 

Only last year was the first season that brought more colder and damp weather. One guy, that Peter talked with, is also fed up and considering moving on to Yuma, AZ. The other said he would weather it out, the west is too dusty.

Neighbours walking their dogs

What to do on a day like this?

Despite the drizzle I decided to go back to the Salineño Wildlife Preserve, a few miles from here. 

I wanted to check it out just one more time before we are pulling out of here.

And I am glad I did. 

The host let me sit under the awning of his trailer

 and I could use my tripod and watch the birds flocking around. 

Such a treat! It definitely brightened my day! 

Some of the tropical species are nowhere else to find in the US than 

right here in the southwestern corner of Texas. 

They are birds of South America.


Here is my list of the day:

Plain Chachalaca
Plain Chachalaca
Green Jay

Green Jay
Altamira Oriole
Altamira Oriole, immature
Great Kiskadee

White-tipped Dove
White-tipped Dove

Long-billed Thrasher

Long-billed Thrasher
Golden-fronted Woodpecker
Common Pauraque




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.