Monday, November 22, 2021

A lazy day

Up before sunrise again. It was a bit chilly, but turned warmer quickly.

Before sunset.

After a short walk Peter went off to see a dentist. 

He was plagued with tooth ache for a few days now. Unfortunate, is what I say. 

In these times I would rather he had done the check-ups at home. 

I will just knock on wood and hope that this goes by without any harm to us both.

Because of Dixie I had to stay with her and the trailer. She would not stay with strangers as Molly
And Boomer so easily did. 

I had my morning walk and another in the afternoon. The weather was not too warm,
Some sun, some clouds and with a breeze out of the North it was really nice.
Irrigation equipment
Across the canal the fields were kept moist 
so that the young vegetable plants can establish themselves.

 
In the afternoon I also found a new bird species: 
a White-winged Dove perching on a dead branch. 
White-winged Dove
An snooze was also in the plan, I guess, I am still not fully recovered from the long days 
of travelling yet. But no-one bothered, I could just do exactly what I want.
Anna's Hummingbird, male
Mrs and Mr Hummingbird visited the feeder frequently.
Anna's Hummingbird, female

One hour until sunset and darkness. I hope he will be back by then. 





Translation

________________________________________

 Heute war nicht viel los. Kurz nach Sonnenaufgang machten wir einen

Spaziergang am Kanal entlang wo, auf der gegenüberliegenden Seite,

 die Gemüsefelder berieselt wurden.

Danach fuhr JP zum Zahnarzt in der Hoffnung daß man etwas gegen seine

Zahnschmerzen tun konnte. Ich hätte es in diesen Zeiten lieber gehabt wenn er

zuhause gegangen wäre, aber das wollte er nicht. 

Da kann man nur auf Holz klopfen und das Beste erhoffen.

Nach einem kleinen Nachmittags Nickerchen machte ich die zweite Runde und 

fand wieder ein anderes Vögelchen. Eine Weisßflügeltaube. 

Das Zuckerwasser wurde fleißig von Herr und Frau Kolibri besucht.

Noch eine Stunde bis Sonnenuntergang und Dunkelheit. 

Ich hoffe JP wird bis dahin wieder hier sein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.